Monday, March 8, 2010

Marble Cheesecake

So apparently BHG doesn't know how to say "This recipe makes 2 cheesecakes. No seriously, it will completely fill two cheesecake crusts." I bought one of those premade crusts. Luckily, I already had two, because I was planning on making two cheesecakes. So I had the crusts enough to fill. Now I just have a ton of cream cheese in my fridge. But anyhow, really yummy cheesecake.

Ingredients
3 8-oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup milk
3 slightly beaten eggs
4 oz. semisweet chocolate

For filling, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in milk until smooth. Stir in eggs. Melt 4 oz. semisweet chocolate. Stir the melted chocolate into half of the filling. Pour plain filling into the crust; pour chocolate mixed filling on top. Use a narrow metal spatula, or butter knife to gently swirl the fillings.

Place pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minutes for an 8-inch pan, about 35 minutes for a 9-inch pan, or until 2 1/2 inch area around the outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.


I realize now as I read the directions over again that I did my marbling not quite right. Which explains why the inside wasn't as pretty (which you can't tell from the picture. It got a bit dark on top as well.) This was the second of the two cheesecakes. I had to literally scoop 3 cups of filling off  the first one because it was overflowing the crust. This one had a little less than a normal cheesecake. The other was a bit voluptuous for a normal cheesecake. All in all though, a really yummy cheesecake. We loved it.

No comments: