This isn't anything revolutionary, but something I just realized recently was pretty handy and figure others out there might not've had the revelation yet either. We enjoy bacon with breakfast type meals, but I hate popping bacon grease, and the constant attention that bacon needs on the stove top. I also don't like using up all my Pam doing it in the microwave Dad style. Anyway, I noticed that bacon always has baking directions. On some packages it is even the recommended cooking method. Anyway, I've started baking my bacon in the oven and it has a few perks. No popping grease for one. It also leaves you completely freed to make whatever else you wanted with your meal and the bacon is completely independent to cook without worry. It's really nice.
This is my method. Then if you need the drippings for anything, you can pour them out. (I of course had more than 4 strips on here originally.) Putting them on the drying rack keeps them from getting stuck to the pan and breaking in pieces when you remove them.
No comments:
Post a Comment