As promised, I made some delights involving lemon zest. Mom's famous lemon tea cookies are so awesome! I love these! (And so does my sister Stacie) They are the best and they go way too fast in our house.
Ingredients
2 tsp lemon juice
½ cup milk
1 ¾ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup butter
1/3 cup butter
¾ cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp lemon peels grated
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
Stir 2 tsp lemon juice into milk; set aside. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and ¼ tsp salt. In mixer bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds. Add ¾ cup sugar; beat til fluffy. Add egg and lemon peel; beat well. Add dry ingredients and milk mixture alternately to beaten mixture and beat til well blended. Drop from a teaspoon 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 oven for 12-14 minutes or til done. Combine ¾ cup sugar and lemon juice; stir til sugar is dissolved. Remove cookies at once to a wire rack; brush with lemon mixture. Cool.
I cut the sugar/lemon juice mixture in half because I always have too much. However, I always make my cookies too big as well. I would recommend using the kiddie teaspoon. Not the big soup spoons. For some reason, they're better smaller. And then you have more. So it makes it seem like they can last longer. Anywho, we love these cookies. They rock!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment