These are amazing. They have all the goodness of cinnamon rolls and crescent rolls in one tasty treat. I've tried to make modifications to make them a bit bigger, or do a double batch, but so far my efforts have been thwarted. However, I haven't given up and will get it right one day. For now, here's the basic recipe.
Ingredients
2 can crescent rolls
½ cup butter, softened
8 tsp granulated sugar
4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp milk or apple juice
Heat oven to 375. Separate dough into 4 rectangles ( 2 long rectangles per can). Firmly press perforations to seal. Spread 2 tbsp butter evenly over each dough rectangle. In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over rectangles. (I don't do this. I simply sprinkle generously with my cinnamon and sugar sprinkler, from the "cinnamon sugar tip".) Starting with short side of each rectangle, roll up. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 3 slices. Place slices in ungreased 8 or 9 inch square pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle icing over rolls. Serve warm.
I originally intended to make these on Halloween, but forgot. Nonetheless, in honor of Halloween being the night before, I made these orange. Sort of like little cinnamon and sugar jack o'lanterns.
So easy and yummy. Definitely worth it.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment