Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pumpkin Muffins

I got this recipe from my Visiting Teacher. I've been doing muffins quite a bit lately, so thought this would be nice for the fall season. They came out great. However, if left out, they'll get pretty dry. I would also recommend not using muffin cups. Just grease your pans good. They totally stuck to the inside of the muffin cups. I was able to peel one out without losing much, but you have to have expert peeling from muffin cup skills. For the kids, it didn't work well. Anyway, great recipe. Here it is:

Ingredients
1 1/8 cup flour
6 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/4 milk
1 egg
2 tbsp applesauce

Sift together the dry ingredients and set aside. Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix wet and dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Grease muffin pan and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.


It would probably be really good with some type of white frosting and sprinkled nuts or cinnamon sugar, if you wanted to make it more desserty.

No comments: