Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Orange Cream Floats

I didn't like this the first time I had it, but the second time I really liked it. The third, even more. I like that it's a dessert, but it's more bitter than sweet. It's the orange juice concentrate, I think. Anyhow, I enjoy its difference. It's refreshing. (Although I had some issues with my ice cream, so for all I know, I just didn't add enough and it was supposed to taste differently. Either way I'm sure it's a delicious recipe!)

Ingredients

2 pints (4 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened (I tried measuring out the ice cream from a big tub. Would've been easier to buy it by the pint. I don't know if I used enough ice cream.)
1 can (6 oz.) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
¾ cup water
½ tsp vanilla
Red and yellow food coloring, if desired
1 bottle (2 liters) ginger ale

In large bowl, mix ice cream, orange juice concentrate, water, vanilla and food color until almost smooth. For each serving, scoop heaping ½ cup ice cream mixture into 16 oz. glass. Pour about 1 cup ginger ale over top of each. You can make the ice cream mixture before serving and store it in the freezer.



My first attempt was really sloshy. The ice cream was basically melted and so it looked like a big orange juice with foam. Then I froze the mixture and scooped it straight out of the fridge and added the ginger ale. That was when I liked it better.

No comments: